17 March 2020

another isolation tale



I think I’ll self-isolate. . . . . . . . .
in SL!

Seems to me a much safer place to be at the moment, but would you believe it, there are even people here exploiting the virus for personal financial gain, selling products with the word coronavirus to make money. I mean, really, how cynical. I suppose we don’t need to buy them, but really for it to be in the true spirit of things then maybe all virus-related products should be free to encourage looking out for and looking after each other.

Or maybe, horribly, this is reflecting real life and all the greediness of it. Which is sad but out of my hands. Itis as bad as people stock-piling and hoarding toilets rolls, and who would’ve thought of all things that would be fought over come the apocalypse, it wouldn’t be oil or gold or water or even land, but toilet rolls! It’s totally mind-boggling. Again, luckily here in SL we don’t actually need toilet rolls either.

Anyway, I am sort of semi-self-isolating in RL though this has impacted on my studies which are all only now entirely online and my part-time work as an artist model for life-classes, which means no extra income. Oddly enough, or maybe not so oddly, I feel perfectly fine going anywhere I like in SL and doing anything I want. Even without a mask. Not that a mask really helps at all, but I suppose it makes some people feel better, like some kind of security blanket.

Anyway, I thought a lighthouse would be the best place to do it, on a rock off the coast with only birds and seals for company, and an endless supply of coffee (I made sure of that). Hopefully it won’t be toooooooooooo long as seagulls aren’t the best conversationalists.
 © Anan Eebus ~x

No comments:

Post a Comment